Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Blog Fail...

 
 
November 20th....really?!  Really?! That was my last post....pathetic!  Blog Fail.
 
Well, as of right now...my house is picked up, laundry is in the works, I've worked out, have a 6 month check-up/Dr. appt under our belt, 6 month vaccinations under our belt, & Ry is down for her evening cat-nap.  There a few dishes in the sink..wait, I actually think I put those in the dishwasher already (score) & trash is over flowing.  However, that's Toby's job & since he's been working 6 am-9pm (or later) for the last 2 weeks, it hasn't been done since his dad was here.  Don't think I'll pull out the "Sarah Synthia Sylvia Stout" poem though....he does have kind of a good excuse this time.
 
So, given all that, I promised myself I would sit down & write a post...
mainly because I want to keep track of everything whether anyone reads this silly thing or not.
 
Well, since it's been a little while...I guess I'll give a run down.
 
 
 
I went back to work full time for the month of December.
 
I decided to stay home full time after the month of December.
 
I love staying home.
 
Ry is sitting up, rolling over & eating big girl food (well kind of...puree ya' know).
 
Been making baby food.  Love the MumiandBubi trays by the way...yeah, yeah, yeah...$25. But they are BPA, PVC & Phthalate free, space savers, & come with 42 cubes....AND I had an amazon gift card okay. So far, I've just made banana, sweet potato, butternut squash, & apples, but we'll be expanding our horizons soon.
 
She had her first airplane ride to Oklahoma....& back.
 
She's had numerous family visits here in STL & our good friends, The Steinochers' visited all the way from WI (they were driving through from WI to OK to TX all while Katy was 27wkish pregnant...man that's a ton of driving!)...but we LOVED seeing you guys!
 
I continue to work every once in awhile.
 
We dedicated Riley to the Lord at our church.
 
And, having fun each & every day!
 
 
 
Oh yeah, & she's been growing.
 
4 month stats:
*Height: 25.7 in (93%)
Weight: 12 lbs 14.7 oz (36%)
Head Circum: 15.7 in (20%)
 
6 month stats:
*Height: 27.75 in (97%)
Weight: 15 lbs 4.7 oz (36%)
Head Circum: 16.4 in (26%)
 
*Pretty sure they measure her length incorrectly EVERY time.
 
You can see for yourself...
  
 
4 Months

5 Months

6 Months
 
 
 
After our 6 month appointment today & the discussion on baby proofing our home & really getting into solids...I won't lie, I felt a tad overwhelmed.  Before long she will be moving all over the place...the days of laying her down & being able to walk away for a few minutes will soon be over. going.to.try.not.to.be.a.helicopter.mom.though.
 
In addition, I'm supposed to start introducing solids for 2 meals/day...in between breastfeeding as usual & napping. Not to mention regular life stuff like chores, grocery shopping, showering..ya' know, the basics.  I guess it's doable though right?! right?!
 
I guess raising a child is kind of a big responsibility...one I feel SO blessed to have! 
As, I watch her grow & delight in everything she does & learns, I can't help but be reminded of our relationship with God. Funny how parenthood seems to make me do that so MUCH more often...He sure knows what He's doing huh?!  Anyway, I can't help but think about how much it must delight Him to see His children (us) follow & learn His ways, grow & transform into something new.
 
  
So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him,
a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious,
you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house,
to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. ...
1 Peter 2:1-25
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment