Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nesting 101 & Riley's Room is Ready!!

 
Well, here we are...nearly at the VERY end and waiting anxiously for baby Riley to arrive.  To be honest, I think most people (including my doctor...& myself) are surprised I have made it this far!  I can't believe I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow...my, how these last few weeks have flown by.
 
We've accomplished quite a bit in weeks 36-39 & I finally feel "ready" (well, as ready as you can be) for her to make her debut.
 
My list of "Nesting Chores" started waaayyyyy back at the beginning of this pregnancy & we finally finished the last thing on the list!!  How was I able to pull this one off you might ask?! Well, you just do it while your husband is working 95 hours per week at the hospital, is completely sleep deprived, & as long as you don't ask for his input & he doesn't have to make any decisions, then he really doesn't seem to care.... ??  Hmmm, I might try this more often!
 
So, thanks to our friend Pete from church, we were able to finally get rid of that old, 1970's, gold-speckled vanity & install a new pedestal sink in our bathroom. (Yes, we still have green subway tile, glass door knobs, & hexagon tiles...that's what happens when you buy a house that was built in the 1920's.)
 
 
Before...
 
 
 
After....
 
 
My recent nesting activities have also included staying up until 1:45 a.m cleaning the house, dusting the ceilings, pulling every shelf, drawer & cubby out of the refrigerator to clean them & of course, putting the final touches on Riley's room. I hope she appeciates all my hard work someday!  :)
 












 


 
 
 
Oh, & we have our bags packed ready to go....
 
 
 
 
We can't wait to meet you Riley!!
 
Love & Kisses,
 
Mommy & Daddy
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. love it! i can't believe riley is almost here! time is going by so fast! we need to get a baby book club started asap! =D

    ReplyDelete